Psychiatry (Mental Health) Nursing
To enable students to become empathetic mental health professional, engaged in promotion of mental health, identification, care and rehabilitation of the mentally ill.
• To explain the basic principles and concepts of psychiatric nursing.
• To explain mental health services to the hospital / community.
• To keep abreast with latest advancement in the field of psychiatric nursing through participation in workshop and conferences.
• To conduct research studies in the field of psychiatric nursing to increase the knowledge.
• To apply the legal and ethical principles in psychiatric nursing.