Regulations for Admission to MBBS Course
(i) Medical Council of India Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997,
(ii) The Regulations on Graduate Medical Education Amendment, November 2010
(iii) The Central Govt. "Policy guidelines" on Admission of students and charging of Fee in Private medical and dental colleges and other Professional Institutions imparting education in health sciences in pursuance of the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court in the judgment dated 31.10.2002 in the TMA Pai Foundation Case (vide Letter No. V-11025/1/2003-ME(P.I) dated 14the May 2003) Islamic Academy & P.A. Inamdar & State Karnataka.
(iv) The State Govt. directives 2009, (Justice Israni Committee recommendations).
(v) The Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur Act 2011.
Note : The medium of instructions is English.
Course Duration – 4½ years (one year Internship – Additional)
Number of Seats
MBBS Course : The total number of admission in the medical college will not be more than 150 ( one hundred and fifty only ) to the medical curriculum of the first year Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course.
Categories of seat
1. Foreign Nationals / PIO / NRI / Children / Wards of NRI (in short called "NRI seats") – 15% of the total annual intake
2. Seats filled through CBSE-NEET-UG,2013/CET - 85% of the total annual intake.
No Candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the medical curriculum of first year of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS ) course until :
(1) He/She completes the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year of admission to the MBBS course.
(2) He/She passes the qualifying examination as under :
(a) The Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of the study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English as compulsory subject (English at a level not less than the core course or English as prescribed by the NCERT) or its equivalent certificate and must have obtained a minimum of 50% (40% for SC / ST / OBC / SBC) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at the qualifying examination.
(3) Reservation policy of Government of Rajasthan will be applicable on CBSE-NEET-UG,2013/CET seats.
Instructions for Filling the Application Form
• Forms must be filled in by the candidate in his / her own handwriting neatly and legibly in English using capital letters, except for signature.
• Overwriting, cutting, erasing in the form may lead to rejection and should be avoided.
• Any discrepancy in the statement and / or submission of incomplete forms will lead to rejection of application / cancellation of admission.
• Paste your recent photograph (not older than three months) at appropriate place on the application. The photograph must be signed by you at the edge and should not be defaced.
• Name of the Applicant : Write your name in capital letters as it appears in your mark sheet of the Secondary School (Class-X) examination.
• Name of the Parent / Guardian : Write the name of your parent / guardian (Any person, other than the parents of the candidate, can become guardian only if the parents are not alive or are insane).
• Date of Birth : Enter the date, month and year of your birth as recorded in class 10th certificate.
• Address for Correspondence : Write the complete postal address including PIN code on which the candidate is to be communicated. Also write the telephone number with STD / ISD code and Fax / E-mail address if any.
• Declaration : Candidate and the Parent / guardian must sign with date the declaration to authenticate the information provided by them as per format on a non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly stamped by the notary public.
• Details of 10+2 : Write the month and year, school / college and board / university from where you have passed or appeared for 10+2 or equivalent examination.
• Subject-wise maximum marks of 10+2 : Write maximum marks, marks obtained and the percentage in the appropriate column.
(i) Students from other countries should possess passport, visa and exchange permits valid for the period of their course of study in this Institution and should also observe the regulations of both central and state governments regarding residential permits and obtain no-objection certificate.
(ii) The candidate should have a provisional "Student Visa". If he comes on any other visa and is selected for admission, he will have to first obtain a student visa from his country and then only he will be allowed to join the course. Therefore it is imperative to obtain provisional student visa before coming for counseling.
(The above clause is applicable to NRI / Foreign Students only).
(1) An Attested Photocopy of class 10th certificate.
(2) An Attested Photocopy of mark-sheet of 10+2 / equivalent.
(3) Copy of the CBSE-NEET-UG,2013/CET Result.
(4) Caste Certificate for Reservation Category (OBC/ST/SC/SBC etc.) to be attached if category is other than General Category.
(5) Physically Handicapped Certificate.
(6) An attested photocopy of TC from the school / college last attended.
(7) An attested photocopy of Migration certificate obtained from the 10+2 Board / University.
(8) An attested photocopy of the Character Certificate from the Principal of the school / college last attended as per the format attached.
(9) Declaration from Candidate on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the notary public as per the format attached (Declaration-1).
(10) Declaration from Parent / Guardian on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the notary public as per the format attached (Declaration-2).
(11) Affidavit of Anti Ragging by the candidate on a Non-Judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the Notary Public as per the format attached.
(12) Affidavit of Anti Ragging by the Parent / Guardian on a Non-Judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the Notary Public as per the format attached.
(13) Copy of proof of NRI status / or of Foreign Nationality (In case of NRI seats).
Selection procedure and admission
NRI / Foreign students would be granted admission through an appropriate method for judging their merit, taking into account the different backgrounds they come from, subject to fulfillment of the minimum eligibility requirement. The marks obtained in 10+2 or equivalent examination shall be the main criteria in NRI category.
• In case of the candidates seeking admissions on the seats, other than NRI seats, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentile of CBSE-NEET-UG,2013/CET result and notified on the institute's notice board and the University Website. It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to deposit the fee and complete other formalities as per requirement of the institute within the specified time.
• candidates appearing in the merit list up to cut off (limited to the number of seats in the institute) and failing to seek admission by depositing the fee and completing the requisite formalities within the specified period shall be treated as not interested in the admission and shall forfeit their chance of admission to the institute.
• The candidates next in merit shall be admitted in similar manner against the vacant seats.
• The admitted candidates will be subjected to a medical examination of physical fitness by the medical board of the institute as per required standards. If any candidate is found unfit, his / her admission will be cancelled and fee refunded after admitting the candidate next in the merit.
Selection & admission procedure is liable to change as per policies of Govt. of India & Medical Council of India following introduction of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) from session 2013-14 and / or decision of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
Note: No seat shall be allowed to remain vacant in any category.
The resultant / consequential admission for any or all the arising reasons shall be completed by 30th September of the academic year. No admission shall be made beyond 30th September of the academic year. Thus there is no scope for admitting students mid-stream as per the order of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the case MCI - Vs - Madhu Singh and others as well as the letter of Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
• In cases where the student has been admitted to the course after the commencement of classes through the waiting list or otherwise on or before 30th September of the academic year, the period of training and duration of course will be reckoned from the date of commencement of classes in August and not from the date of his actual admission.
Cancellation of Admission & Withdrawal from the course
• The admission of the student, who has paid the admission fee but fails to join the course at the institute within the time limit communicated, is liable to be cancelled, and the tuition fee paid will not be refunded.
• In case, the Eligibility / Equivalent certificate is not produced by the candidate within two weeks, his / her selection for admission to the MBBS course is liable to be cancelled.
• The prescribed fee once paid shall not be refunded in any case. If after registration any student withdraws from or discontinues the course he / she shall have to pay the entire course fee. Only items mentioned as deposits (interest free refundable amount after adjustments, if any) in the fee structure will be refunded.
Fee Structure for MBBS Course
• Tuition Fee : Tuition Fee : USD 30,000.00 (US Dollar Thirty Thousand) per annum (or its equivalent in other currencies or its equivalent in INR) from an NRI account. In addition, student has to deposit cash security / Bank guarantee of 3½ years of balance course duration amounting to USD 1,05,000.00 (or its equivalent in other currencies or its equivalent in INR) from an NRI account at the time of admission.
• Caution Money : USD 2000.00 (or its equivalent in other currencies or its equivalent in INR) from an NRI account. Interest free Refundable on completion of Course.
CBSE-NEET-UG,2013 Students :
• Tuition Fee : Rs. 6,00,000.00 per annum. In addition, student has to deposit cash security / Bank guarantee of 3½ years of balance course duration amounting to Rs. 21,00,000.00, at the time of admission.
• Caution Money : Rs. 1,00,000.00 (Interest free Refundable on completion of Course)
Note : Fee will be deposited by Demand Draft in favour of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, payable at Jaipur .
Cancellation and Refund
The students admitted during first and second round of counseling shall be refunded their fee and bank guarantee / cash security till the last date of admission for the second round of counseling on production of valid document of selection / admission in any other Medical College / Dental College in India. As per the direction of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and Medical Council of India no counseling shall be held after 28 August 2013.
The hostel provides a cot, a study table, a chair and one almirah for each student. Each hostel has hot water facility, common telephone, common TV room, common reading room, dining arrangements and in-door games facilities. There is adequate dining space for all students to dine at one time. Membership to the mess run in the hostel is compulsory.
Hostel Fee and Security Deposit
• Mess Charges : Before commencement of the academic session, the Mess charges shall be collected annually on sharing basis.
• Hostel fee for the Course Duration will be payable at the time admission through a crossed demand draft drawn in favor of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital payable at Jaipur. Subsequent payment must be made on the dates notified. In case a lower type of accommodation is allotted, the excess amount, if any, will be refunded / adjusted towards dues of the subsequent year.
• Hostel Facility is available in the campus for boys and girls separately.
All the selected candidates admitted to the first MBBS course at MGMCH under any category are required to apply to the Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur on a prescribed proforma with the required fee for registration as per rules and regulations of the MGUMST, Jaipur. The admitted students must apply for enrolment as per the notification of the MGUMST.
No application for migration to other Medical Colleges will be entertained from the students admitted to the MBBS course at this Institute. The President may grant NOC for migration of a student in the exceptional circumstances. However, the final approval will be granted by Medical Council of India.